Friday, 29 June 2012

Dressing for the Western Dandy

I like my ethereal fairy girl in the forest ads as much as any tumblr trawling girl.  I UNDERSTAND the utter allure of that Khaleesi-esque woman-child in that sheer white dress pawing at tree trunks and with her headband of flowers while a equally cute fawn nuzzles at her knees.  But sometimes...I just want it brash, unapologetic and paradoxically moonlight suave all at once.  Introducing, all the glory of Etro's A/W 2013 dandy-gone-western collection.   I've honestly had this campaign saved on my desktop for the last four days so I could glance at it occasionally and bathe in its utter perfection.  This whole campaign inspired me so much and made me long for fall again even though I am in the middle of suffering through winter.  Standouts for me are the color/pattern-blocked satchels of perfection, printed menshirts, that unbelievable snakeskin suit and the rich jewel tones throughout.  Also, that scaled hat.

Here is the official description from the ETRO website. 


Fall Winter 2013 Campaign

Advertising
Campaign

The everyday celebrates beauty. There are no boundaries between day and night. The new Etro campaign inhabits a space that can only be defined by chromatic rhythm, an imaginary place where reality and fantasy blur together to become one. In the winter collections, graphic elements in black and white meet shining night shades, translating the exotic references in a sophisticated and contemporary urban mood. The man discovers feathers and learns about the lightness of flight. The woman turns the dandy elements into a feminine concept, with elegance and irony. Meanwhile, the Paisley pattern runs along the silhouette, through the richness of materials, playing with overlaps and optical illusions.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

x
Anni

*images: fashiongonerogue.com

3 comments:

  1. Oooh!! l love this!! I like the two womens outfits right in first photo!! The orangey-red coat and the black and white dress with the leather peplum and red fur collar!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just stumbled upon your blog and think it looks great!! thanks for sharing these ad pics :D i'd love it if we could follow each other...i'll start first xoxo jess
    www.stylizedluxe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this. Thank you for sharing it! I love the colored fur pieces. I agree that while elegant pixie girls are enjoyable to look at, its nice to see a bold campaign (and refreshing).

    ReplyDelete