Saturday, 28 July 2012

Color Me (Almost) Athletic

Happy Olympic Ceremony watching guys!  Figured I'd do my version of a sports inspired look which translated to my classic, preppy/retro vibes meant piling on stripes, bold colors and pleather.  I probably could've gone to a more traditional interpretation but I was kind of dying to debut my leather look skirt from Glassons I got over two weeks ago on my blog :)  Honestly?  Glassons has hit the roof lately with everything they've come out with.  I have just been hauling back bucketloads of stuff from their winter sale racks because, lucky for me the seasons will be reversed when I head back into the states and I won't have to wait a whole year to whip them out.  What is currently making my day right now is the amazing selection of patterned tights they have right now and especially their faux-thigh-high print ones.  I'd been looking all over for a good pair so I was absolutely stoked when I found so many kinds at Glassons.  This is my second pair so far and I'm really tempted to consider a few more.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
ALSO, I can't believe it's taken this long for my favorite pair of casual wedges to appear. I got them at full price unfortunately (considering they were part of the massive Charlotte Russe clearance recently) but I absolutely don't regret it because they are comfortable, go with a awful lot considering there's color blocking and bright patterns going on. I've tucked leggings into them to streamline my legs, paired them with kimchi pleated schoolgirl skirts, with harem pants....pretty much everything. Just goes to show that staples don't have to come in neutrals all the time.
Photobucket 

color striped t-shirt dress: H&M
leather look skirt, tights: Glassons
blazer design hoodie: Valleygirl
print color block wedges: Charlotte Russe

x
Anni

25 comments:

  1. i like the way you matched the print on your top with your shoes! your skirt is my favourite part along with the leggings. it makes your legs look long! i discovered you on chictopia today and just wanted to say hi! :)

    it would make me happy if you visited too!
    pandaphilia style
    blog sale

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the comment on my blog. I love your blog header it's so cool. I'm following your blog now!
    http://lizz-leee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's so so cute! I love your skirt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute outfit! Love the colourful top.

    Xx
    www.estellelamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing look! Love everything about it, but the wedges and the tights are a killer!!
    Have a nice day!

    http://invitationtoinspiration.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank u! :) You look really pretty! amazing skirt and shoes :) I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love this look, all the colours, amazing and your shoes so cute :)
    Thanks for visiting my blog http://onceuponaboudoir.blogspot.com.au/ really appreciate it. Im now following your blog, hope you will follow mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. loved the outfit sweetie :-)

    followed you through GFC
    pls follow mine too
    http://carmiscaprice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. loving the skirt+shirt combo! saw this look earlier on chictopia, actually teehee

    and i've been living in the sales recently too. so many things to buy, not enough savings. I need to prepare better for next season, maybe i could even get a skirt as gaw-geous as that.

    following youo now! thanks so much for the comment on my blog

    http://allyisacat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the comment on my blog :) Love the outfit especially the skirt. Is it really from glassons? :O Il have to look haha
    Fee XX
    feeling-random.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep, agreed, Staples definitely don't have to come in Neutrals I consider my hot pink hellbounds a staple item right now :) Cute sports inspired outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for commenting and visiting my blog! Like yours too! Maybe we can follow each other? Let me know once you do, that way I’ll follow you back! Waiting for you!

    Have a nice day, xoxo

    http://www.lolitainthemix.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. than you for the thoughprovoking comment on my blog dear! :) it really means a lot for me :)

    bwt.: would you like to follow eachother? :) I really do love your style, your blog, and the combinations of clothes you chose! :)

    dorteebbesen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. this outfit is GREAT <3 totally love it. would you like to follow each other?
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is absolutely stunning! I think it's safe to say I covet most of your wardrobe by now haha! Sorry I keep commenting on your blog too, I feel like I'm annoying you!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my goodness! I Loooove your outfit! soo cute!

    Sydney
    http://satisfashionsydney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. amazing! love your outfit! <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kickass shoes though! And love the colors on that top. Killin it

    xx Jacqueline
    fngm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. i think i found my new fave blog! thanks for coming over before! x
    im following you!

    thenuliya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. i'm not familar with glassons - but indeed, this skirt is amazing! i love the fun colors in this outfit - i can see the olympic spirit!

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cute outfit, I love your shoes ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pretty cool outfit ! :D

    xo ,
    Ana Catalarrana
    http://Sinbowtie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow, You really nailed it - leather skirt , bold stripes, colors and lady like cut/ military style jacket. You are a mastermind of mixing things together :)

    Kerttu Pakassaar

    http://stylecrown.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete