Monday, 23 July 2012

Eggplant/Melon

I always seem to have a bit of a art-spasm in the last week of a month, this one especially because I'm counting down to the completion of two very special commission works of two lovely followers and also because to make sure I'm always generating new work and improving, I do a lot of contests and briefs just for fun which...are all usually due by the end of a month.  Of course.  For this month's Fashion Fever challenge (see brief here), the idea was to choose a one out of four pairs of delicious garden treats and create a 4-6 piece collection of it.  I love couture to death, but when I comes to design I prefer to do quirky chain-store ranges that I'd wear myself (I'm a little selfish like that).  This is the first time I've done a fashion illustration set with a catalog under and I really like how it looks.  I can't help but think of when I was twelve and obsessed with Stardoll.

Inspiration:
From Melon: melon skin laser cut print, watermelon squiggles/stripes, curly vine print and shape, green, beige, orange color template.
From eggplant, deep purple shades, gradient color, tulip shaped skirt.  

Photobucket
close-up:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

WIP shots: 1) quick sketches which didn't scan so I was forced to use a screenshot of the scan screen hence the weird stick/dot thing in the center, 2) started off with simple outlines of the outfits, I didn't intend on lining in the face/legs until I got to the very end and decided to do it after all.

Photobucket
Photobucket

x
Anni

13 comments:

  1. Hi! very great post. I'm your new follower, please follow me back at:
    www.armocromia.com

    misspeony

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah, I must admit you're very talented! I couldn't have done any of those by myself :D it would be so, so cool if someone would make an illustration picture out of me one day! Would you like to follow each other? :) Now following you!

    xoxo Eeva
    http://eeva-theapple.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, you're extremely talented ! I love your style!
    Starting to follow you~


    http://oh-not-again.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW. I can't believe you honestly did those! Simply AH-MAZ-ING! I looove fashion illustrations, and yours are so so good!

    I followed you! :)

    Please check out my blog and I hope you would follow me back! xx
    fashionfirstbysofie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh and btw I followed you on google friend connect AND bloglovin! I hope you would follow me back on both of those :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving your blog! followed you, hope you can follow back :) http://xxxloveisbeautyxxx.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this Anni!!! It great!! :) Love the outfits!! I love them all but on first glance I go to the second one!!! It catches my eye straight away!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found your blog and I think it is amazing.I will come again for sure If you want we could follow each other? If you want just follow me and send me your link on lavieenrose.blog8@gmail.com and I will follow you immediately
    http://liliemarlen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love seeing the sketches you are working from! that's my favorite part of this - but your work is amazing. i could look at your blog forever.

    <3 katherine
    crave jewelry giveaway // of corgis & cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such wonderful illustrations! I would wear every single one of those pieces! :)
    By the way, thanks for commenting on our blog. And also enabling me to find yours ;) I think you just got yourself a new follower!

    Hailey from http://squidsquads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my god, these are precious! I love your blog!

    Tam
    Word[Ad]Dict

    ReplyDelete