Friday, 27 July 2012

Neutral Pop

Casual Fridays at work are where people generally turn to their good ol' basic jeans.  I know it sounds trite as a blogger to say "oh I never wear jeans", (not true, I do when I have to) but because I never wear mine enough to break them in they remain dreadfully uncomfy to wear.  Instead, my go-to casual are leggings and a oversized sweater, chuck on a classically cut jacket to go out, team with virtually any shoe possible with the exception of sneakers and you are good to go.  The thrifted sweater I'm wearing has already appeared on my blog before but I can't stress how much of a staple it is for me.  I pretty much wear this 24/7 when I'm back in my dorm, in a slip and essentially roll out of bed to get breakfast; if I had to wear one sweater for the rest of my life, this would be it.  I like to keep my main pieces fairly neutral for work, that way I can sneak in bolder pieces like these vertical leggings and statement shoes without going overboard.  Just to break up the neutrals palette I threw on a mint blouse under to get a little pop of springtime color and paired them with classic printed heels. 

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


coat, striped leggings : vintage
glitter threaded sweater: thrifted
mint two-tone blouse: MD Fashion
 leopard print distressed platforms : F21

x
Anni

19 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your comment! Hope you stop by again;) Love your coat:)

    Little K.
    http://lilkfashionista.blogspot.jp/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the leggings, they are so cool and you can combine them with different looks. Thanks for your comment. :)

    Kisses,
    Ivana

    http://ruedetreschic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The leggins are perfect <3 Wonderful look!
    xoxo


    http://oh-not-again.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous look, love your pants, nice blog, follow each other?
    http://shana-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely adore your blog. Your style is great with wonderful pieces.

    Following u now via both Goggle + and blog lovin'. Follow me back if you like! ♥
    Say meow to me on:
    Miss Kwong: From Catwalk to Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  6. love everything!

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg love this outfit! the mint collar looks awesome under that big jumper and with those tights!

    i just read your comment and had to check out your blog! my sister and i are from auckland too! we drive 5 hours to get to mt ruapehu haha! anyway, totally love your blog, its awesome your a new zealander too! i rarely find nz bloggers and when i do, i never really like them but i really do love your blog! following you via GFC and bloglovin now! :)

    x

    Ellen
    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM

    ReplyDelete
  8. YOur outfit is really stylish. I love your pants

    xx
    meinmode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg lovely post.i am loving your blog.just great posts.i am your new follower.follow me back
    http://beautydrugs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely lovely lovely :3

    maybe check out my blog:)
    http://mollymers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the leggings :)

    http://brightershade2107.blogspot.co.uk/

    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. the sweater is so cool snd looks really comfy! it looks so cute with the mint collar :) x
    www.thefrillseekers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those leggings are amaaazing! And I love that little pop of minty-goodness in this outfit. It's great that you keep things interesting like that!
    And hahah, I think I love my jeans too much - they just work well for me in too many outfits. But I can totally understand the sweaters + leggings combo. It's so comfy and simple. (:
    ♥ xixia | thisisxixia.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I recently stumbled across your blog and I LOVE it! I love the layout to the content and everything in between! Your style is just impeccable and your blog is simply the epitome of perfection! I am your newest, most avid follower, I look forward to reading your future posts. I would love it if you could perhaps follow me back too? Have a lovely day!

    Love from, MISSIFFA

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the stripes paired with beige!

    Style Lounge

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfect style, i want your coat ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous! I absolutely love this outfit!!!! ^_^'

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is GORGEOUS! You should make a tip-list on thrifting, you seem to be an expert on perfect finds!

    anooshadraws.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Damn girl, you have a great and unique style. love this outfit.. stripes, unexpected colors and this color!! +++

    kisses
    http://fillthecity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete