Sunday, 22 July 2012

Of Bead & Smoke

Been at least two weeks since I've finished a piece purely for own enjoyment because of commission work and y'know, LIFE in general.  I'm really branching out with style lately.   I guess I don't want to become fixed down to the way I used to draw and design permanently and eventually even though most people tell me the mark of a artist is to have one permanent look, I prefer a more master-of-all-trades approach to it all.  For this piece I wanted to mess around with implied line through color so the piece would look more cohesive and flow nicely versus looking like filled in line-art which admittedly was what I thought digital art was when I was 15.  Just to mark the 20s (with a bit of Cruella deVille twist = ultimate style icon apart from the killing small cute dogs), I figured I'd step away from a ultra feminine face and go for a more androgynous elegant look when it came to designing the figure.  This is first time I've stylized someone like this and I'm really pleased.

Photobucket
Pretty much started off with a quick pencil sketch of the pose and general idea before filling in each section with a base color to separate out the different sections before I started working on shading and all the  fun little details that look nice, but are kind of a bitch to do.  Still, very well worth it in the end.
 
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. That is amazing! :o Loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is the reason why i can't be a fashion designer, i can't freaking draw! you girl got some talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! your really talented. Im a terrible artist but im great at arts & crafts! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah really neat piece!! yes you can't rush creativity it just has to flow :D

    -Jessica
    http://runninginsideus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow I wish I could do what you do! Love your illustrations! Consider me a new follower and would love if you followed me too!

    www.lovecharliej.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are so talented! wanna draw me? haha

    http://underthefluorescents.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete