Sunday, 1 July 2012

Tea For Three

It's funny how time passes by so fast sometimes in reflection, but so slowly at the present.  I can't believe it's already been a month since I've been back in Auckland, and a month since I've really, truly started blogging!  :)  This was a entry for another DA contest because I happen to be extra competitive and love working towards challenges.  The theme this time round was "Kawaii Konfectionary" - essentially based around the idea of cute food.  Personally, because my own art style is not typically cutesy, this was a bit of challenge because I wanted my design to be very sweet but not overly sugared.  This was so much fun to do although the final edits took a very long time because I always am a bit of a messy worker and anal editor but I'm very, very happy with the final results.


In the concepts stage I messed around with different dress silhouettes and compositions. My first designs were more complex in terms of dress design but I ended up simplifying it down so all the girls had the same shape creating a balance through the piece. At the time of conception, I generally don't pin down exactly what the clothes will look like; I usually create the silhouette and shape with a few notes or key words for each figure.  My moodboard images were sourced off tumblr, google and the adorable girl painting is created by rkdsign88. Of course, they are most certainly not mine ^-^
Photobucket


Photobucket

So there you have it! :) My first ever "cutesy" illustration. Happy first day of July everybody! x Anni

4 comments:

  1. I love this!! It is soo sweet!! I love that you have put cupcakes and teacups in their hair!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and sweet art :)
    Thank you so much for letting me know about including my "A Princess" art as your mood board.
    Please correct my name shop, it should be "rkdsign88". Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! And I love your other work! Followed you, !! xxx
    http://liveandletloose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very talented! Loving this so much, great job!

    ReplyDelete