Monday, 23 July 2012

The Sophisticated Kitty (Workwear)

A quirky red cat-print blouse from the lands of Jess (The New Girl) and grey blazer design hoodie aren't typically staples of appropriate office wear, but paired with sophisticated minimal accessories and tailored pants manages to stand out and still look elegant. When I dress for work, I try to make it 2 parts professional, with 1 part quirky/sexy/fun just to show I'm not taking myself too seriously, but just seriously enough.

This usually adorable collared blouse gets a sophisticated upgrade with a pair of high-waisted fitted pants and chunky neutral accessories.  I have a couple of more formal blazers but I didn't want to feel over dressed so I took off the detachable hoodie on a soft blazer-styled jacket to keep it structure and comfortable all at once.  The key to wearing a hoodie or more casual jacket as part of semi-formal look is to pick one that's fairly fitted, in neutral colors and of a soft, but still structured fabric.    I'm a bit on the petite side at 5"4, so I always try to make myself seem taller via optical illusion and heels - high-waisted is always my best friend when it comes to that and there is nothing like a pair of really well fitted pants to make my legs sky-scraper tall. 

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
gray blazer-style hoodie(removed), snake-skin belt - ValleyGirl
cat print collared blouse - MD Fashion
black high-waisted pants - unknown
faux-snake-skin clutch, chunky rose pyramid ring - Equip
brown cuff - Cotton On

x
Anni

3 comments:

  1. AMAZING! LOVE IT! ♥
    XX

    dotsandlaces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this top on you! Such chic style you have :)

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely look :)
    Love Lois xxx

    http://lisforlois.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete