Saturday, 21 July 2012

Tea For Tweed

I know, puns usually make me groan but I am enough of an English geek to fully appreciate and let out full fledged nerd cackling at terribly cheesy ones.  It has actually been a great week in terms of the weather, less ass freezing and spots of gorgeous sun during my lunch breaks but I've just been a little too busy to take advantage for some outfit posts (sorry guys!) and the unfortunate depression and relative guilt at realizing how low my bank balance really is after all these fab winter sales. Does anyone else always feel that way during mid year?

 So here's to hoping the debut of my Design-A-Bits dress (that I posted about here) will make up for it.  Apart from the like-it-was-custom-made fit which is all kinds of brilliant, it's just a cute versatile piece that could easily transition from day-to-night.  I've gone for a day take on this look with one of my favorite tweed jackets passed down from my Mom's gloriously retro Shanghai wardrobe paired with velvet pink wedges, patterned tights and a little bit of snakeskin to give it a little modern revamp.    Sidenote: I have been wanting faux-thigh-high-patterned tights forever and I finally got a  decent pair at Glassons this week.  Definitely going back for seconds when my wallet is a little bit fuller.  

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket



dress: dotti
tweed jacket: vintage
snake-skin clutch, floral headband: EQUIP
patterned tights: glassons
mauve wedges, checkered gloves: taobao

x
Anni

8 comments:

  1. Hey honey!!! Thanks so much for your comment on my blog!! I love your heels and the black pleated dress!!!!!! I gladly follow now on GFC and BLOGLOVIN!! If you want we can follow each other!!!
    TheSparklingCinnamon FACEBOOK PAGE
    TheSparklingCinnamon BLOGLOVIN
    THESPARKLINGCINNAMON

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great STYLE! I follow your Blog now.
    Please follow me.

    dramaticmode.blogspot.it
    A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! OMG! OMG! LOOOVE it! I fell in love with your blog! Perfect ! Amazing outfits, style, everything!!!! Definitely following!!! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ and i hope you'll visit my blog too ;******
    xx

    dotsandlaces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your dress looks great on you (as expected!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you you look amazing! & great blog!!

    Thank you for your lovely comment! I am following u now! mayb we can follow each other?

    Jess XO

    www.mindbodyshop.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow anni shoes is perfect :):)


    tamaritza.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a lovely dress, and the way you styled it is perfect! you look just extremely adorable ♥

    ReplyDelete