Saturday, 11 August 2012

Date with Decadence

I know Spring is kind of just around the corner for the southern hemisphere (and so is fashion week which I will be sadly missing D:) but I'm kind of so excited to head back to the states for school that I am getting all misty-eyed imagining fall combos to wear. Which, by the way will be my first FALL ever because I have always had autumns thank you very much. And while I have to admit local labels are pretty awesome and thrifting on K'Road > Savannah, I do miss being able to dress as crazily and as experimentally as I want which is a little harder to do in NZ, especially because 5/7 days I spend in moderately interesting office wear.  Which probably explains why I am fully having a love affair with all manner of decadence (baroque print, jewel tones, 20s influences, velvet fabric) right now that I'm pretty sure is going to manifest itself all through the next couple of months. 

I bought this gorgeous 1920s inspired number last year around the same time actually when the night markets at Glenfield started up. I've only been about twice actually, but the first time I went I came across this stall that was selling all sorts of skirts (majority of which were unflattering midi lengths on me, a few Avril style tartan plaid school girl styles) and then I pulled out this lace, tasseled and gold number and my heart kind of skipped a beat. Especially when the tag was said $10 and everyone else didn't even notice this gem of a piece while they pawed around at done-before-florals. Dressed it up with a thrifted floral kimono style coat which still had the tags on when I got it, a crisp ASOS shirt that I have worn with just about everything and a pair of burlesque-esque tights from Glassons topped off with my trust black wedges. I wore this particular combo to see my sister play in her orchestra concert for school, but also wore the same outfit with a different blazer out on a night in town to see Ruby Frost play live (who, by the way is the most tiny magic elf girl in real life with a voice that sounds just as amazing as it does on album.)
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket *Insert unflattering bitch-face shot here, see above* Photobucket  Photobucket

floral kimono style blazer: coldwater creek, thrifted
black accent blouse: ASOS
skirt: no brand
tights: glassons
shoes: Charlotte Russe
earrings: EQUIP
Anni

22 comments:

  1. Stunning outfit! I adore the thrifted blazer! Such a great find. I too love thrifting. if your interested check out my blog, i just posted a massive haul of all the thrift stuff i bought! Your tights are also really lovely :)
    Anna

    http://opshopaholic.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great combo here. The floral print blazer and the snake print on the wedges of your shoes are amazing together. I really like your look.

    http://www.tributetothetribe.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your skirt is perfect ♥ I love 20' inspired style ♥
    xoxo


    oh-not-again.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfect job!!!
    http://she-is-the-1.blogspot.ch/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello dear,
    what a great blog
    Just found it and its really cool
    followed you on GFc and bloglovin
    hope you follow back
    best

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like your shirt so much.
    thanks for your comment hun <3 i'm following you now..
    xo
    http://the-caramel-dream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this look! LOVE everything, but especially the blazer -can't believe it's thrifted - is that velvet?

    XOXO
    -Daisy Nguyen from PS BANANAS fashion blog:
    http://psbananas.com
    BLOGLOVIN
    FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, girl you look amazing! Love the chic black and white blouse and your autumnal, floral jacket. I'm getting pretty excited for fall myself :)

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet! The skirt is super unique and interesting.
    Ravishingly

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty!

    http://mesmemosphotoblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice dress honey, i really love your shoes

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really love the outfit! Absolutely in love with your blog! Following you! Hope you can follow me back<3
    -S

    http://classifiedcloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this outfit... the blazer, the tights...everything screams perfection!!!
    xoxo

    novelstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been looking at your blog and I LOVE all your outfits! Everything you put together is amazing! And I love your illustrations -- you're so great at them! I'm definitely a new follower!

    Want to follow me back?
    ~Sara
    sarastrauss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, that skirt is breathtaking! It's so flapper-esque, and there are so many exquisite details in it. Your blouse is also freakin' cute, and it looks very versatile. I'd like one just like it! And that floral blazer is so unique!

    May the force be with you.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh! I love this look! It is vintage which I really love. I saw the same blazer before on the streets of Bangkok and how I wish I bought it. It is really pretty plus you matched it with also lovely pieces that created a wonderful look!

    Arra
    WIN A BAROQUE PRINT LEGGINGS

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving the outfit!!
    Especially the kimono!
    http://nowrongorright.blogspot.co.uk/
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really love your skirt! Your whole look just fits so well!! I love how you put every piece together even though they all differ a bit (:

    ReplyDelete