Friday, 17 August 2012

Fall for Spring

I know that we are kind of heading in to spring territory in NZ but to be honest, I'm a little over spring seeing as I spent march - may in slightly humid, but sunny Savannah springtime.  Right now, I'm craving every shade of autumn right now - berry hues, jewel, colors, knits against metallics and just-right bowler hats, whatever it is, I want it.  The hilarious thing is that Savannah will still be crazy hot when I head back so I'll probably spend the rest of August dressing like it's fall, head back to actual fall but end up having to wear all my summer stuff, which is not altogether a bad thing.

At a recent haul this week at Supre, I snapped up a pair of skinny gold metallic jeans for $3.70 which is such a great deal like you wouldn't believe.  I'm fairly certain the original prices was at least $60.00 which for me, is way too much to spend on statement jeans.  Anyway, I've already figured out a dozen David Bowie-esque ways to wear them but I was pairing stuff up in my wardrobe when I thought - why not try to make metallic gold casual?  I don't dress down much - especially not in jeans but I thought I'd make a exception and swap out my standard printed leggings/tights + sweater combo to showcase these babies for you.  Electric blue ruffle knee high boots, lashes of chinese aboriginal print and metallic doesn't sound like it would even belong in the same universe, but weirdly enough they come together to make a awesome equestrian-esque look.  I completely feel like the fourth member of the Saddle Club apart from the fact that I have ridden a horse once in my life.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


sweater - Mom's
scarf, clutch - taobao
metallic jeans - Supre
velvet boots - Charlotte Russe

x
Anni

36 comments:

  1. Hi, honey! I really liked your blog, you have great photos! Now, I am your faithful follower! I really hope that you enjoy my blog and you will be my follower!)))) Miss you, kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice style combination! I'm a fan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your scarf <3
    xo
    http://the-caramel-dream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice look dear!!! i'm also craving for fall, but here in Indonesia, we don't even have fall, it'll be summer all year long.. lol
    thanks for your comment btw :)

    allthelusciousthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. $3.70! That's crazy! Such a good deal.
    Love your outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Anni. :) Decided to follow you via Google. Also, great scarf! :D

    -Wina from www.winawonders.com :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking great! Love the look!

    http://www.thegaragestarlets.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you're so original, that you mix fabrics and colors without thinking twice :)

    I'm so so so ready for Fall, don't know why, I should really enjoy what's left of summer ...

    Hugs, xx

    http://oteea-land.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am following you and your sweet blog :)
    I would love if you follow me back :)

    XoXo
    http://abudhabifood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this color combination! The pants and boots are so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. amazing outfit!
    http://spliffedcookies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, this is truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your outfit! Your jeans are amazing!
    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your outfit, the scarf is great! :D

    http://the-wandering-heart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Post and a really nice post - I am your new follower :) I hope you like my blog too. It would be amazing if you visit me on
    owlspassion.blogspot.com ♥

    xx San

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE your metallic pants, and those boots are AMAZING!

    XOXO
    -Daisy Nguyen from PS BANANAS fashion blog:
    http://psbananas.com
    BLOGLOVIN
    FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE that clutch :D super cool also the color! I'm following

    Check my blog and follow me if you like :)

    xx

    www.sickbytrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun outfit! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm a new follower :-)
    xo,
    www.abitofsass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. i have a cardigan with the exact same patterns as your scarf! :) cool pants!

    xoxo
    mochaccinoland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. That scarf and those boots are gorgeous!

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love whole this look! Especially I love your boots! :)

    http://bellasstyle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, you sure are a risk taker, Anni...but somehow, I think it's awesome. :) Amazing, unique, colorful outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. You look fabulous honey!

    xoxo,
    daisy

    imjustdaisy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. love it all again! @paquetevistasbi

    ReplyDelete
  25. Orange and blue! Totally fabulous, the sweater looks so darn comfy and soft!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great deal on the pants! I agree, its not worth dishing out a ton of cash for a bold piece that won't be worn all the time. Great colors -- seasons shouldn't control us :] I'll hype you on lookbook!

    -- Sarah
    www.sassyriot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. really love your scarf! but, it's hot season in Indonesia :(

    visit my little cream button♥

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a great color on the sweater, it really goes so well with the metallic, comfy and sleek, very nice. Thanks for stopping by, and leaving a lovely comment. Maybe we can follow each other?
    xx
    Simona
    www.lakenmoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your scarf is great! It's getting cold in Poland so I'll try find something similar ;) I also love your shoes and bag!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for stopping by my blog!!:) I love the orange clutch and the scarf! I'm now following you-can't wait. You're so talented:)
    -amy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. hello~ love the outfits <3 hehe Im a new follower~

    hope you can follow me back~
    keep in touch <3

    http://ishiramos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. You have such insteresting style! I like your choice of colors! I will be following you blog for sure. Check mine out too! Xx

    www.chustarr.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. hey i love your style !!!! great pictures & Blog !! maybe we follow each other?! let me know :) greetings www.yuliekendra.com

    ReplyDelete