Tuesday, 7 August 2012

Muted Metallics

Blegh.  Last two days have been sadly filled with cramming for the draft of a art history paper due next week, taking notes on art history and managing to catch a minimal amount of sleep in between working and occasional doodles.  GAH.  I will be so glad in four weeks time (counting this one) when I will be free from my summer classes AND work and I will get about a week's span of total rest where I can DIY stuff to my hearts content and not wake up early or worry about deadlines.  Maybe it's because I've been so stressed lately that most of my outfits this week have been ridiculously metallic so far.  The more stressed I am, the shinier I get I suppose.  Also, I have been getting into metallic accents like no other and I'm pretty sure it's because I am so ridiculously excited for the Great Gatsby remake coming out soon (that poster makes me art-gasm) and I keep flashing back to the glory of Dolce & Gabanna's A/W 2012 showing which was more baroque than anything but still kept with my newest obsession of black against shiny.  
For now, here's a slightly toned down outfit of shiny that I wore to work today.  This was also the same day I discovered how awesome layering necklaces and thick scarfs look and that all my skinny belts were different shades of brown with various animal patterns.  I've had this peplum since this winter/summer when I snagged a size 8 at a Cotton On sale which made me a bit nervous because I thought the less structured fabric would make it look cheap.  Once I got it on though, I was utterly sold - the best part apart from being a awesome shape that flatters most body times including mine-with-the-tiny-waist is that the peplum hides any unflattering bunching if the top tucked under is slightly thicker than your average barely there tank.  And voila!  Problems of the wearing a bodycon skirt in winter officially solved! (And apologies ahead for the crap photo qualities D:)
 Photobucket
 Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
gray turtleneck - supre
peplum skirt - cotton on
scarf - somewhere
accessories - en masse all from EQUIP
heels - F21
x
Anni

21 comments:

  1. The skirt and accessories is gorgeous Annie! x

    thenuliya.blogspot.sg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it winter there? The outfit is a blast, love it! Agree on the stress factor. When I'm stressed I tend to wear whorish outfits, I have no idea why XD
    Don't let it ruin your days, drink beer :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loove your skirt! soo cute ;)


    Love, Floatchic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so talented! love your outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute look! love the colour of the skirt and the accessories you chose :)

    Would love if you could check out my latest outfit post?

    Jess XO

    www.mindbodyshop.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful outfit...I love,love,love your peplum skirt!!! :-))
    xoxo

    http://www.invitationtoinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look darling; Love your skirt! <3


    I'm your new follower on GFC & Bloglovin! <3

    Lots of love: Pauline
    www.xpeachie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sad that the movie got pushed back to next summer though. :( Sigh...at least it's just a year from now. XD
    Your peplum skirt is so lovely! Great color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sweet!!! :)


    maybe you can visit my site www.fancyicon.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the skirt! Man, the idea of layering scarfs and necklaces never even occurred to me before, I've always gone for one or the other- very neat :) xx

    http://style-ramblings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait until the great Gatsby comes out! you look stunning - I am loving the silhouette of your skirt
    xx

    INSIDE IN, INSIDE OUT 

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love your style, wanna follow each other??

    http://jessynyiri.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like color of your peplum skirt and the fact that you combined it with gray top. I haven't tried layering necklaces and scarves, but it looks great, I'll have to try it! Thanks for visiting my blog, I am following you :)

    http://fallforfall.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my goodness what you said is GENIUS--peplum covers up those bumps from slightly longer shirts.. oh snap, oh snap, now I'mma have to find me a peplum skirt. GIRL you just blew my mind.

    That skirt is really pretty though and I love the color! Plus those heeeeeels, eeek those heels are so cute. Have fun with that art history paper! I'm an Art major so I'm sure I'll have some of those in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ooh peplum :) cute outfit anni!

    http://matchahearts.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  16. OHHHH - DROOLING! LOVE all the metallic details! LOVE the shoes, belt & bag, and the POP of muted fall color in your skirt. PERFECT look for fall!

    XOXO
    -Daisy Nguyen from PS BANANAS fashion blog:
    http://psbananas.com
    BLOGLOVIN
    FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  17. love this skirt :) the outfit is sooooo cool !!

    http://fashionforrebelss.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete