Friday, 31 August 2012

Pastel Prep

Yesterday was enough extreme girlyness for now so it's back to what I call my comfort zone staples - vintage barber-shop-inspired preppy.  I know comfort zones are something I try to break as much as possible because, hey new experiences are kickass and terrifying and rewarding like that but there are some days where I am too busy or too tired and it's nice to put on something that is ridiculously simple and familiar.  On another note - this is my last weekend in Auckland for a good couple of months as I head back to for college in week for sophomore year (:D!).  While I am a bit sad to be missing out on NZFW (I will be stalking KatherineIsAwesome for updates), I am also ridiculously excited to see people again, take classes and....reunite with the rest of my wardrobe which has been locked over in storage because the luggage limit will not let me lug back 20+ extra pairs of heels and chunky platforms.  I usually wear these shorts inherited from my mom in their full high-waisted glory with a tucked in shirt (thank you Jason WuxTarget Goodwill thrifts!) but I decided to take a little risk today and just leave out this blouse which first debuted here which actually created a drop-waist silhouette which is new for me, and therefore interesting. Whenever things get a little too pastel-esque and I want to keep it a little more slick, I just toss on a blazer or a fitted coat, match it to my shoes as if I'm the Queen (who is completely, unironically one of my greatest style icons) and walk with my head held high and a imaginary corgi by my side.  Make that two, one for foot enclosed in these gorgeous Charlotte Russe booties.

Photobucket
Alright - I know I've worn this jacket at least for three posts, but in my defense it was pretty chilly in the morning at 7:30 and its a new month...clean slate? That, and this thing is wonderfully warm, goes with everything and is yet another inherited piece from my mom. Who says style isn't genetic?
 Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

bowler hat - Indy D @ Lippy
corduroy coat, boxy skort - vintage
shirt - taobao @ MD Fashion 
blazer - Chicabootie @ Valley Girl
tights - Glassons
wedge booties - Charlotte Russe

Side note: are any Auckland Bloggers going to be heading up to NZFW - if so, drop me a link so I can stalk/feel hometown pride via eye-rape-ing your blog next week while you head to shows and afterparties and look amazing while you do it.  :)

Anni

47 comments:

  1. Love your blouse!! It looks so cute, and I love the contrasting pastel colors. Your blazer is also adorable :)
    xx maggie
    saltandleather.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I just stumbled across your blog and I am obsessed. You are adorable and have the most fantastic style! I've really enjoyed browsing through your blog and checking out all of your amazing posts. Your blog is really cute, too! Following via bloglovin and gfc, lovely xx


    http://www.twentiesgirlstyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi dear, amazing look I love your shoes! Just followed u on gfc/267 and bloglovin/48, follow back if u like:) kisses chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for commenting on my blog! For one, it made me discover yours. I love your style because of its originality and because it inspires me. It's refreshing to read your bog as it really stands out! Of course I followed you instantly.
    Looking forward to the next posts!

    Love,
    Jolien

    http://julianaandthedaydream.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  5. what can i say, i love every piece in this outfit!

    now following you on gfc, would really appreciate it if you followed back :)

    http://www.counttofour.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I totally understand the whole comfort zone thing, the style is def working for you! I hope you have fun back at school though, btw how are your classes? I'm applying for college this year and super nervous..def want to go into the fashion industry and was thinking about merchandise marketing. Any tips? Oh and I LOVE your shoes!

    thedeathlyfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a very original style.. simply COOL!

    KISSES FROM :
    A SMALL BLOG WITH A BIG HEART!
    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES DAILY (where fashion and food collide!)
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so great post, You look amazing.
    I think you are doing a great job here and I would be really happy to keep in touch with you! Starting to follow you via GFC and Bloglovin, please follow me back if you like my blog.

    Have a wonderful weekend ♥ ♥ ♥

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pastel is love!!! Woot! I love how you styled 'em too! Color blocking somehow haha. :) Luv it!

    ~Chai
    http://chenmeicai.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great look - already hyped it ;)

    Yes, I follow you with pleasure! Waiting for your follow back :D

    http://fehmoda.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your stockings! :-)

    visit & comment @ phoenixful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Quirky and fun, you do have a way with clothes :)

    http://pisofashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. love it :)

    http://the-caramel-dream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this shirt and the teal shorts amazing :)

    onceuponaboudoir.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this look, especially that shirt. Very cute


    Pixel Hazard | Bright Green Laces |

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOOOVE everything in this outfit! especially the shirt haha

    ReplyDelete
  17. YOU LOOK SO CUTE HERE AND I LOVE THE COLOUR COMBO <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look so pretty! Amazing shoes!

    http://mesmemosphotoblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cute outfit! Very interesting color combo! Cool blog btw! Would you like to follow each other?

    xx
    Out Of The Box

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow, love every single photo of you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh, gosh, I love all of this. EVERYTHING! There's not something I don't like about this outfit. The red, those awesome heels, the pastel... how did you make it all work so well? You have a great eye for styling!

    PS) I am definitely following ya back... your outfits are so inspiring!~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. this is such a fun outfit, that must be hard being separated from that much of your wardrobe!!

    -Jessica
    http://www.jumpintopuddles.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. An interesting combination and it works well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. So colorful! I especially like the collar and how it pops out. =)

    Melanie
    aetherlily

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! Looks so amazing! ;) I would never think to combine turquise and burgund! And here you go! Crazy beautiful! Love it!

    pearlinfashion.blogspot.com
    if you like my blog we can follow each other ;)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely outfit!

    fashionfledge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. amazing shoes! i love so much <3

    ReplyDelete
  28. Cool mix of colors and textures ;)


    XX,
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  29. thank you my dear :)
    I love your shorts, I think it have a beautiful color! wonderful look! but shorts are the best xd

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely blog.
    http://xtheperfectmess.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  31. I can totally relate to the wardrobe limitations of university. I've had to cut back on bringing all my shoes, and having a part of my beloved wardrobe being stored up across the country strikes terror in my heart.

    http://red-soledfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks for the comment. You have great outfit inspiration!
    http://thegloryboxblog.blogspot.com.au/
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the bold colors!

    SaraM
    http://clochedeletoile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. the teal is a stunning color on you <3 your outfits are always soo fun and refreshing! love em

    Alexa <3
    http://sleepeatbreathefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  35. ur tights is so classic! love it<3

    http://calitahin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'm dying over that ivory jacket in the first pic!! You look so great!
    -amy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. yeah me too :) though moving is a work it will be interesting to see how it all turns out in the end of october :) login ur colorful personal style. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love your jacket and the blouse is beautiful! Thank you again for leaving me another comment!! Sorry for a late late late response back to you!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love pastels atm from my nails to my jeans, lovely look and great blog! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  40. This outfit is so colorful and interesting! Very eye catching for sure

    ReplyDelete