Friday, 3 August 2012

Spot The Dots

I said there would be dots and here they are...all over the place.  I don't know if I've raved about how insanely awesome harem pants are (if I haven't, I'm about to now) but they are really my favorite item in my closet at the moment.  In fact, I've gone from absolutely hating them when I was twelve and still obsessed with looking like everyone else to loving them and on a recent online spree - I literally bought three of the same cut in radically different prints just because I love how they look so much.  This is the first of them, and most classic/preppy look which made it the perfect choice to wear in on casual Friday.  Threw on a few floral rose brooches to give it a little more quirky appeal and a pair of classic cutout black heels I scored for $5 at a Farmers Department Store sale to top it off. Photobucket Harem pants come from the same family as oversized sweaters - ideal art school/dorm life wear because on those mid terms and finals where I am up to my elbows in construction paper, paint and coffee stains from pulling all-nighters, I can literally just roll out of bed/floor/studio into the caf to feed myself on everything and not look like the guy wearing his superman flannel pjs even though I am completely in the same boat.  In a nutshell, they make my legs look long, are ridiculously comfy and give off the magic illusion that I am dressed even when I'm really not!  How much more awesome could these things be?
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
blazer: Valleygirl
blouse: MissFox
harem pants: MD Fashion
heels: Excesori

x
Anni

16 comments:

  1. you pull off those harem pants amazingly!! :) and i love that illustration so cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great look! Yes, those harem pants ARE very cute! :) Love the way you paired them too, the overall look is very mature and sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear,

    I would like to inform you, that you have been nominated for "Liebster blog award"!
    For more information follow my blog:
    http://she-is-the-1.blogspot.ch/2012/08/im-honoured-that-nickey-fashion-stylist.html

    Kind regards
    she.is.the.one

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never actually owned a pair & I don't really like them ;p
    But maybe I'll change my mind someday, like you ;)
    Anyway, you look lovely!
    xoxo


    http://oh-not-again.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey sweetie!
    Thank you for the sweet comment! It really made my day, hahaha
    Loving your outfits so much! I couldn't help but follow you on lookbook and your blog haha!
    How do you get so many followers? It's so difficult):

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for your comments, I loved all of them! I always get most inspired by other great artists and bloggers and girl, may I tell, you are insanely talented. You have so many pretty drawings and photos on here! Even the inspiration pictures - I'm a huge fan of Tavi myself.
    I'll make sure not to miss out on your upcoming posts ;)

    Take care,

    Liis

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your pants :D

    want to follow each other? let me know. kindly visit my blog:)
    http://peureine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this look! The polka dots pants ann the peter pan collar swather are awesome together! Great look!
    ChicToChic
    kiss,
    Marta

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha, love your sense of style and writing! :) And love those harem pants too :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely look, the pants are really cute ♡

    Love to know your blog, I'm your new follower :)

    xoxo
    STYLE TRACES
    ST FACEBOOK PAGE

    ReplyDelete
  11. Harem pants are so neat, but I can't pull them off. However, you pull them off perfectly! I adore that print on them and they look great with that top. :) Keep on rockin' em!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your harem pants :) x

    www.reinadelamoda.fashionblogster.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, loveeee the over-sized collar!!! Also, thank you for the lovely comment on my blog! (~:
    Astrid from http://theweeklystyler.com

    ReplyDelete