Tuesday, 11 September 2012

Summer Acid

 The last couple of days have been crazy and tiring just settling back into my sophomore year of college.  Brilliant things include having gorgeous sunny weather which also results in much nicer skin for me, being back in this damn inspiring place, a lovely abundance of packages from F21, ASOS, Modcloth and others which made me feel like it was Christmas with so much to unwrap, a lovely wireless remote which is the most brilliant investment ever (less than $30 bucks guys!) and of course, lovely sunlight to shoot photos in.  I've never bought anything from Modcloth before due to the prices before their lovely back-to-school sale so I was super pleased that the two items I snagged were just as wonderful as they are on the website.   I'm so stoked with both, that I'll be showcasing them on my blog one after another this week.  Seeing as I'm still  catching lots of sunshine, I'm sort of celebrating my mini US summer by wearing the most summery-outfits instinctively; neon doesn't work too well on my skintone but acidic brights, feather, glitter and summer waves are just right. 
Photobucket This lovely, lovely cut-out crop top is one of my new Modcloth purchases - admittedly, it is a little on the small side for my bust which I assumed it would be considering XS was the only size left, but it is such a lovely shape and I've never owned a tight crop top before so I can't bear to donate it or attempt to re-sell it on line.  I love the sci-fi feel of the cut out and shape, high neck lines are always a bonus for me and the crop sits right under my bust which is exactly where I want it as I like to emphasize my waist when I dress. For petite girls: never listen to advice that maxi skirts make us look short (that, is a confusion mix up between the midi and maxi) - floor sweeping maxi's elongate our frames so we can look tall even via flats so don't be scared to wear one, especially since a change in fabric can make it a staple all year round. Photobucket Photobucket No that is not a super cool, hipster key bracelet.  That is my room key, because I am so forgetful I have to literally keep it on me at all times so I can't possibly lock myself out. Photobucket My feet have been hell after that 28-ordeal via the Auckland/LA/Atlanta/Savannah flight so I've just been dressed down in flats all week so far and my Ed Hardy's were perfect. They really are the comfiest, and as Ed Hardy shoes - the grungier they get, the better they look. Photobucket
crop top - Motel Rocks @ Modcloth
skirt, bracelets - Shanghai
 feather necklace - EQUIP
glasses - dollar store somewhere
shoes - Ed Hardy

x
Anni

55 comments:

  1. love the ombre skirt!
    Have a great day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this eclectic look!
    Please visit my blog for a chance to win a fab handbag for Fall!

    www.gumbootglam.com

    xo Ally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, that top is so neat! I'm glad that you snagged some neat things from Modcloth--don't they just find the neatest things ever?! If their store was my closet... life'd be good. :)

    Anyway, this outfit is quite awesome, and I like how you styled it so well. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how well you've titled the post! The outfit is exactly how the title describes it...fantastic!
    (hyped it on Lookbook) :)

    xoxox
    theefface.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE LOVE LOVE this look - the skirt is so FAB!

    http://monkeyshines-monkeyshines.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what an outfit! It's so bright, I love it! That skirt is amazing :)
    Helen at Never Quite Elegant xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. you go to college in savannah? SCAD? i knew a few kids who transferred from there into my college - i went to UC's DAAP program.

    anyhow! i LOVE that crop top! it's SO cute on you - i could never look decent in that but it works on you. and i love that you wear your room key on your wrist, that's actually brilliant.

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic outfit- I don't know what I like the most, the amazing round sunglasses or the fantastic backless crop!
    X
    www.be-a-goddess.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, awesome skirt :)
    xx
    www.clothesandcamera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. loved the top... even if it´s a bit small... don´t sell it! you look great with it!
    yay for sunny days and sales on ModCloth! :)

    XO Jannine
    http://fashionistarg.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for visiting my blog, it was lovely to receive your comment! That skirt is beautiful, such a gorgeous colour xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for visiting & commenting on my blog! Your outfit here is gorgeous and the colors look amazing on you! ;)

    XoXo, Kimberly

    http://www.AccordingtoKimberly.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is brilliant! you look great :-) Love the glasses!
    We're on a search for a perfect wireless remote but no luck yet. We have Canon 550D and can't find anything for it.. Which one do you use?
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  14. my gosh! really a great pictures!
    totally love from top to the toe :D
    especially your top and your sneakers! I want thaat sneakers :D

    visit my little cream button♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. okay this look is beyond fabulous! i love the purple skirt (purple is my fave color) and girl you are rocking it! that top is tooo cute! not to mention those adorable sunglasses! you are just too cool <3

    Alexa <3
    http://sleepeatbreathefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. ADORE THIS LOOK! NICE SUNGLASSES!

    Lots of love,
    Minnie ^_^


    http://minniematerial.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. That skirt. <3333333

    www.winawonders.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice skirt!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow awesome outfit! love it, so crazy and cool!

    x

    ♥ Ellen
    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think I totally dig the skirt too. :) Luv the style!

    ~Chai
    http://chenmeicai.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. This outfit is so cute!!! You look amazing.
    xoxo
    http://dustypetals.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  22. coolest outfit! love ur sunnies!

    http://calitahin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. the crop top is amazing and doesn't look small at all! love how you coordinated this outfit!
    x
    www.kateyesstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I so love the skirt. Pairing a sneakers with a skirt is a nice combo. :)Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful outfit...love your skirt.*_*
    Maybe follow each other on BLOGLOVIN and GFC???
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ah yes, I just love unwrapping packages that come in the mail! Best feeling ever haha
    Beautiful outfit girl, love all the color - that skirt is just amazing!

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  27. waooo i love that combination!!!so sexy and londish XD

    www.meryswardrobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. i adore your skirt!

    www.davonglisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. wow !!!!
    follow my blog http://kairjankaora-koka.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. OOO I remember from lookbook!!! Just hype your look :) Loving your top and skirt!!! Would you like to follow each other?

    ang-closet365.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks a lot for your sweet comment on my blog :) You have a really nice blog too. I love the color of your skirt, purple is my favorite color ;) Very cute top and shades too <3

    ReplyDelete
  32. oh gosh, back to school pains, I feel you on that one :( I also love getting mail packages, they make my day! & loving this outfit. I really like the slight translucency in the skirt and the vivid colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Aw you look like a butterfly, the skirt is amazing! <3 If you get a second, I'd love to hear your thoughts about my latest outfit :)

    http://mademoiselle-s-blog.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  34. love it. i almost bought that top too!

    -wewearthings

    ReplyDelete
  35. such an awesome outfit, every piece is awesome!

    http://www.counttofour.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. safe to say I'm obsessed with this.
    You skirt is giving me life! LOL.
    -MalibuMara

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the top and the cut out feature at the back! great look xxx

    ReplyDelete
  38. Those sunglasses are phenomenal!!

    SaraM
    http://clochedeletoile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wow, it's unbelievable! I like skirt,top and snickers!
    Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love the tie-dye maxi and how you keep it fresh and sexy with the croptop. Hehe, I recognize the "overload on packages"

    *MlleWanderlust *

    ReplyDelete
  41. THE SKIIRRT !!!!

    http://ladylewinsky.blogspot.be/ xx

    ReplyDelete
  42. Gorgeous skirt ! I love your colourfult, vibrant style :) Bery refreshing after seeing mostly neutrals, blacks and greys. Lovely blog!

    Thank you for the comment ! It would be great to stay in touch, so stop by anytime again or let's follow each other x

    Satu
    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete
  43. I think the top being tight totally works with the style, it'd look weird if it was loose. I adore the cut out on the back. This whole outit is a lot of fun, perfect for summer!

    xoxo -- Sarah
    www.sassyriot.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. The write-up has also inspired me to become a writer and start my own blog. Wonderful piece of writing.
    black leather jacket women

    ReplyDelete
  45. Amazing outfit! Looks fantastic on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. love this skirt. the colors are insanly great

    xx m

    thisishowwerule.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  47. hi anni, I love your style ;)


    http://www.glennvon.com/2012/10/portrait-photography-tips-use-sky-as.html

    ReplyDelete