Sunday, 2 December 2012

Solar Power Suit

Isn't it crazy how time flies?  It only feels like yesterday was the lazy days of January muddling through summer heat to get to that very first plane ride that would take me to the US in March and now it's almost come full circle.  The thing about reflection is that everything seems a lot more clear when you look back on it in retrospect, but I guess things are always easier after you've gone through stuff.  Memory strolling aside....I've been crazy excited to shoot this particular piece ever since I nabbed it at a Valleygirl 50% off sale last Thursday.  I dipped my foot into the peplum trend in winter with a lovely green skirt but I hadn't really found a top I liked because while I appreciate how gorgeous minimalist black peplums could be, I wanted mine with a little more jazz.  When I saw the range of beautiful floral digital prints Valleygirl had on a series of peplum dresses, tops and perfect skorts I had no choice but to give in a buy both a dress and a top.  Little overindulgent?  Hell yeah - but when you see the print on this, you'll understand.  Photobucket Thanks to my mom's amazing wardrobe, I'm fortunate enough to be the owner of a series of adorable matching suits with oversized blazers and perfectly tailored high waisted shorts but I have yet to buy a more casual summery set for myself. When I realised it was going to get chilly when I went out with my family for dinner, this became the perfect opportunity to create a suit set by matching pieces I already have. Went for denim on denim and a blazer to keep the suit aesthetic, but I picked more casual pieces (read: sister's borrowed blazer and super comfy BDG shorts that will withstand pigging out on sushi) to keep it young, fun and pretty casual.  Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket No suit set is complete without a collar, so first I layered a trusty peach floral high-low hem blouse under the peplum itself, creating a waterfall effect with the layered ruffles. Not only did the mix of florals really bring out the richness of the peplum, it was also my cheat for the back cut out of the peplum. I frantically scrambled through my knickers beforehand trying to find a bra that wouldn't peep through, realized I'd left it in my dorm room a million miles away, debated not wearing a bra before realizing the fabric wasn't quite sturdy enough and it was getting nippy (no pun intended)....and then figured out I could layer a really sheer blouse underneath without getting bulky. GENIUS. Photobucket Photobucket I don't usually wear thinner strapped shoes just because I have essentially, small fat feet which I get stupidly conscious about but for some reason, this pair just works and makes them look oddly graceful which is very, very new to me. Photobucket


denim jacket - sister / peplum top - Chicabooti:ValleyGirl / floral blouse - Switch:Farmers
shorts - BDG: Urban Outfitters / green metallic wedges - Shanghai 

In other news (apart from how much this almost suit rocks), super, duper excited to announce two secured giveaway coming straight at all you lovely, lovely people in about....hmmmm...two days! 

x
Anni




70 comments:

  1. The print on that is definitely awesome. It's like flowers, but also very galactic-y... you know? A mixture of the two or something. I really do like it! :)

    Time does fly... I can't believe it's already December, ahh! Exams! *freaks out*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you layered the two tops together! It's gorgeous.

    xx maggie
    saltandleather.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. your outfits are always so cute! loved this top so much, looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet outfit! You look like a fairy princess!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice combinations dear , pretty ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noo... this is amazeballs. I am.. omg. Killer layering girl! Love it max 10000000!

    thedeathlyfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you paired this floral peplum with the collared top! Adopting your idea for sure!!

    If you like, check out mt latest outfit post?

    Jess xo

    http://mindbodyshop.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  8. woohoo.. your peplum floral top is definitely amazing!
    very nice style!!

    love
    agnes

    NEW POST: balanced.
    at
    www.singledoorsecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. the peplum is suuuuupeer adorable!!!
    http://www.fatiguechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the double peplum! What a wonderful idea! xo

    http://blossomeclectic.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great look.. it must be a bit chilly.. but still look great!! i really like the idea how you layering the floral tops, and become an amazing look when you layering again with the the denim blazer.. just coool!! have to try it..

    kuti
    www.ishootstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. awesome outfit! great styling with the layers and patterns!

    x

    ♥ Ellen
    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely peplum top! I love the way you layered both blouses!

    xo Saretta
    The Lion in Jewels

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how this peplum fits you...although I have to know, how did you not freeze to death!? Regardless you look lovely! Thanks for visiting my blog!
    xo
    Amber
    www.libertydeniedd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I so love that peplum floral top!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look absolutely fabulous,dear!
    i love your sence of style so much!
    have a beautiful day!<3

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a pretty top <3

    visit mine whenever you had a chance :D

    warmest regards,
    Miss Aa
    www.miss-aa.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thans so much for your coment!
    I like your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. love this outfit you look so pretty! xO!
    www.thehautecookie.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great post!

    Kisses,
    Silvia

    http://rock-and-roses.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love these pics!!! :) You are beautiful!!

    Kisses!

    Babi
    www.voguebuster.net

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thats a fun and cute combo of florals for fall! Cute style! Thanks for visiting my blog!
    xo
    Caitlin
    www.alittledashofdarling.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the print of your peplum top!

    www.daisyraeboutique.com
    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. thanks for the lovely comment on my blog, i am now following you too!!!

    and i LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! that top, beautiful!

    Chloe xxxx

    www.bloominfashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you so much for your comment!!
    You have an amazing blog and I'm following you now with GFC and blogloving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. hey you have a great style :D :D
    super love your floral peplum <3
    anyway feel free to visit my blog

    brigittamonique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. very cool top! I absolutely adore it! you look like a doll (and I bet you hear it often).
    your style is very remarkable and truly inspiring. following you now

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog
    P.S. I'm hosting a glasses giveaway on my blog here check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Dear this is amazing perfect top :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. this is such a cute outfit, i love the double denim combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. fantastic look! I love your blouse ♥

    ReplyDelete
  31. Solar Power Suit? I applaud you for both your style and your wit :)

    -fifi

    ReplyDelete
  32. Really lovely outfit, i really like it your top is lovely sweetie~~
    Btw i´m your new follower i hope you follow me back.


    Xoxo

    Sakuranko Blog
    My Facebook Fan Page

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi sweety, thanks for stopping by, you look so stunning, love your sense of style!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful shirt! :)
    -Tori
    www.fashiontrendsmore.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  36. The pattern of the peplum top is very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. very nice look! ;)

    I apologize in advance for the spam, but really I care.:
    I try to be a face Steezy Clothing Kish needs lików under my photo, I would be very grateful! It is to like their page
    https://www.facebook.com/SteezyKidzClothing

    And then my picture:
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=474337995943346&set=a.473425736034572.103520.353363081374172&type=1&theater
    Again, I'm sorry! :) But really I care that would be the fulfillment of one of my dreams :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. wow, love your floral top and the denim separates! fabulous mix of prints and textures! xo jess
    www.stylizedluxe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love your outfit, it is so cute! I also love your shoes, and that top is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  40. The floral peplum is just the cutest! and i know - how is it december again?!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  41. Loved this look! Cute jacket and floral print!

    xoxo
    STYLE TRACES
    ST FACEBOOK PAGE

    ReplyDelete
  42. I've been looking for a nice peplum top. My sister has one but it looks a bit weird on me for some reason :S I like how you've layered another top underneath the peplum, what a great idea!
    And yes, can't believe it's that time of year, it's usually around this time that we all start reflecting hey?

    ReplyDelete
  43. that floral peplum top!<3


    kisses,
    D
    http://oxbloodrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love that florar print, the colors are amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  45. Cute skirt :)
    xx
    www.clothesandcamera.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love the layers and that amazing floral print top <3

    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  47. Great outfit, love peplum tops :)


    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  48. love the flral peplum top its so perfect for spring/summer :)

    www.candypop-lamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. I don't normally like peplum clothes, but this top is so beautiful!! I also love how versatile it can be!

    Thanks for visiting my blog! <3

    Girls that glitter love the dark
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  50. the shirt is pretty cute.

    www.visceralmaze.blogspot.com

    Anu

    ReplyDelete
  51. the peplum shirt looks AWESOME on you! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  52. WOOOOW!! Gorgeous Anni! :D i love how you styled florals and denims.. and paired two floral sheer tops! :D Amazing idea! :D

    xoxo
    http://bebe-doll.net

    ReplyDelete
  53. woah you look so amazing. my god. i like ur blog ... followed

    ReplyDelete
  54. Ahh double floral is such a great idea!

    Brittney
    anotherbeautifulthing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  55. I love what you've done with the florals- the blouse underneath is a lovely touch :)

    Sofi xx

    http://style-ramblings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  56. Love your blog! Maybe we could follow each other on bloglovin or GFC? Please leave me a comment or follow me and I will follow you =)

    http://lepetitplastique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  57. nice style. love your top :)
    would you like to follow each other?

    http://ollyvialaura.blogspot.com/2012/12/stand-out-and-be-unique-dont-be-like.html

    ReplyDelete
  58. I absolutely love that inside collar top!

    ReplyDelete
  59. THIS LOOOOOOK <3 x

    janauncanin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete